Position: Community Engagement Specialist (PT)
Reports to: Director of Community Partnerships
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid)
Salary: $22,000 - $26,000 (commensurate with experience)
Partnerships for Children is a non-profit organization that supports children in foster care and their caregivers. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team in a PT capacity, 20-25 hours per week, as our Community Engagement Specialist. Partnerships for Children serves as the backbone and facilitator for various coalitions and networks, including Foster Community and Travis County Collaborative for Children, which will be supported by this role. The Community Engagement Specialist will work alongside the Director of Community Partnerships to connect individuals, families, providers, and community members to one another, so children and families are supported and remain together.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work environment
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Monthly Wellness Day for self-care and $25 wellness stipend
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the organization.
- Cultivate relationships with community groups, with a particular focus on:
- Oversight and tracking of all external inquiries including inquiries from prospective foster and adoptive families via telephone and email.
- Update and maintain Foster Community and Travis County Collaborative for Children websites and social media accounts.
- Manage communication of collaborative initiatives, including Foster Care and Adoption Information Sessions, TCCC Steering Committee meetings, etc.
- Coordinate collaborative meetings, including scheduling and logistics.
- Identify and attend community meetings and community events that represent strategic networking opportunities.
- Assist Director of Community Partnerships in facilitating ongoing operational team meetings
- Support other community outreach and engagement events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse communities.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team.
- Occasional flexibility to support community events and activities.
- Experience with Website Content Updating.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft 365, Canva, Social Media platforms, Content Stack, Zoom
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to our Director of Community Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.