Ready to jump in and be a mentor?!
Please note we are an Austin, TX based mentoring program. Please only apply if you live in Travis county or are willing to drive in and mentor in the Travis county area.
Mentoring not right for you?
There are a lot of ways to support our youth if mentoring doesn’t feel right for you!
Teach a Class:
- Own a yoga studio or an art studio? Have some other awesome skill you think youth would enjoy learning? Want to host an event? We are always looking for fun activities or continuing education classes to put on for our youth! If you have a skill or connection you would like to share email email@example.com
Sponsor an Activity:
- In order to encourage healthy relationship building between youth and mentors as well as providing normalizing activities for the youth we put together outings and activities for the youth and their mentors to participate in.
- Some examples of what we have done are: Painting with a Twist, Bat Boat, Trail of Lights, Urban Air, Spurs Games, Round Rock Express games etc.
- If you have connections to activities, or wish to donate tickets please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor a Class:
- We host two cycles of financial literacy classes for our youth and mentors. These are 4 classes over 3 months held in the Spring and Fall. We need sponsors to sponsor snacks, drinks, and lunch.
- Email email@example.com if you are interested in providing this for our youth!
Sponsor a Youth:
- $25 - 1 incentive for 1 community challenge
- $100 - 4 incentives for all four community challenges for 1 youth.
- $100 provides a youth with all the required job uniform necessities.
- $250 - 1 year of mentoring for a youth, includes training, administrative costs and support.Encouraging youth to complete different challenges that help them become independent adults, and providing normalizing experiences is a big part of our program. Help us provide those incentives!
- $500 - 1 year of support to youth. This includes: celebrating birthdays, graduations, and first A’s on a math test. It also encompasses normalizing experiences like attending a movie at the local drive-in, having an opportunity to enjoy a nice, sit-down dinner while learning the art of etiquette, and exploring their creativity at a guided art night. YES Mentoring also provides YES Youth with opportunities to connect to their communities but supporting yoga classes, dance lessons, and any other activity a YES Youth has a desire to participate in.
In order for you donation to go to the YES Program click YES Mentor Program Support under Donation Designation.
Current or Former YES Mentors:
- Support a Current Mentor - As you are aware, it can be challenging at times to support a teen as they begin to age out. We are looking to start a Mentor - Mentor Support Network where individuals who are seasoned mentors are paired with those just beginning their mentoring journey. This allows each mentor to have a person with lived mentor experience to reach out to in times of need - just an extra someone for guidance, support, and potentially friendship! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Volunteer at any YES events - YES Events are wonderful opportunities for mentors and mentees to connect with their communities and each other. We aim to provide both educational and normalizing experiences for all YES youth. If you've ever been to one, you understand they can be quite hectic. If you're ever interested in helping out at an event (all the fun, less the fuss) we're always grateful for individuals who can help with transportation, picking up food (that we've paid for), or helping answer calls/questions about parking and directions. Email email@example.com if interested.