Teens4Teens is a program designed to inspire teenagers to become volunteers and philanthropists while educating them on the needs of their peers in foster care. When you enroll your teen in the program, he or she will participate in different volunteer opportunities, learn more about how to make a change in his or her own community, and decide what programs to fund—all while having fun and making lasting friendships with other teens.
- For teens in grades 6-12
- Volunteer opportunities are on weekends and holidays
- Enrollment is $50 per teen
- Each teen will receive a T-shirt with enrollment
In the Teens4Teens program, teens receive priority volunteer opportunities at least one Saturday a month with some months providing two Saturday dates. In addition to monthly opportunities, Partnerships for Children will have a kick-off meeting in September on a Saturday morning. This will be an opportunity for participants to meet other teens in the program, take a tour of our space and learn about the different programs run by Partnerships for Children. During the holidays, teens will be encouraged to either host a toy drive or work together to sponsor a child/teen for the holidays. Then we will host a shift for the entire team in December to bring in donations and work as a team on Holiday Wishes. Lastly, we will host a meeting in the spring to encourage teens to either host a Rainbow Room drive or back-to-school drive. At this meeting, teens will also vote on what program they would like their registration fees to benefit. No regular meetings are required to be part of Teens4Teens. We will provide all information via emailed newsletters. Teens will have the option to participate in the activities they feel are meaningful.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2019-2020 YEAR:
May–August 2019: Registration opens & back-to-school drive
- Registration: Between May and August register your 6th–12th grader for the 2019–2020 Teen4Teens program.
- Back-to-school drive: In July and August, we’ll be collecting backpacks and school supplies for the drive. All donations can be dropped off at Partnerships for Children. Contact Marcus to schedule a drop off. 512-834-4756.
- Kick-off meeting: Teens will learn about our mission and the needs of our organization as well as receive a tour of our Rainbow Room and warehouse.
December 2019: Teens4Teens at Holiday Wishes
- Holiday Wishes Drives: Leading up to December, teens will be sponsoring gift drives for teens. Gifts will be delivered to our Holiday Wishes warehouse, then sorted and shelved for wrapping, tagging, and distribution.