Teens4Teens is a program designed to inspire teenagers to become volunteers and philanthropists while educating them on the needs of their peers in foster care. When you enroll your teen in the program, he or she will participate in different volunteer opportunities, learn more about how to make a change in his or her own community, and decide what programs to fund—all while having fun and making lasting friendships with other teens.
- For teens in grades 6-12
- Events are held between August and March each year, all dates are listed below
- Events are always after school or on weekends
- Enrollment is $50 per teen
- Each teen will receive a T-shirt with enrollment
INTERESTED IN 2018-2019 TEENS4TEENS?
IMPORTANT EVENTS DATES FOR THE 2017-2018 YEAR:
May–August 2017: Registration opening & back-to-school drive
- Registration: Between May and July, register your 6th–12th grader for the 2017–2018 Teen4Teens program.
- Next steps: In late July, you’ll receive an email about how to prep for the August back-to-school drive and school ambassador program.
- Back-to-school drive: In August, we’ll be collecting backpacks, school supplies, and clothing for the drive.
September 16-17th, 2017: Kick-off meeting and car wash fundraiser
- Kick-off meeting: Saturday, September 16th, 10AM. At this kickoff meeting, the teens will learn about the needs of our organization and vote on which program they feel is the most meaningful to them. Then, they’ll fund this program with the money raised from their individual fundraisers and program enrollment fees. New participants will tour the Rainbow Room, learn about our mission, and complete a hands-on project in the Rainbow Room.
- Car wash fundraiser: Sunday, September 17th, 3PM. Details will be emailed in advance.
December 2017: Teens4Teens at Holiday Wishes
- Holiday Wishes drives: Leading up to December, teens will be sponsoring gift drives for teens. Gifts will be delivered to our Holiday Wishes warehouse, then sorted and shelved for wrapping, tagging, and distribution.
- Spring fundraising: In December, we will also discuss and plan our optional spring fundraising activities and hand out promotional materials to support the teens’ efforts. They can choose to have a car wash, bake sale, dog wash, etc. to raise money for Partnerships for Children. Fundraising efforts can take place anytime between January and March.
March 2018: Celebration for Children