Our photographers are the lifeblood of the gallery. We are always open to having new photographers join our ever-growing group of amazing volunteers!
What we do
- Recruit and support some of the finest photographers in Texas to ensure that every child who is waiting in foster care for an adoptive family has access to a professional photo shoot experience that increases their chances of adoption.
- Provide the high quality images created from photo shoots to the youth for his or her personal use and to professionals responsible for creating materials used to recruit an adoptive family for that youth.
- Promote the right of every child whose life has been disrupted by abuse and neglect and their right to find a loving forever family.
What we need from you
- Contact us to discuss your location and availability, and share your portfolio with us.
- Use your skills and talents to create age-appropriate portrait images that will play a role in helping to recruit potential adoptive families.
- Provide high quality photographs in a timely manner after a photo shoot. These photographs will be used for both the Heart Gallery of Central Texas as well as the state-run Texas Adoption Resource Exchange website for adoption.
How we say thank you
Your name/business will be on our website for as long as you are a volunteer. In addition, we will also link your information to each child's Heart Gallery page that includes your photos. We also love to thank our photographers on social media! And we honor our photographers at our annual REVEAL event each year. We'd love to have you share our "proud volunteer" logo on your website as well.
STEPS TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER PHOTOGRAPHER
- Read through this page and decide if volunteering is a good fit for you. Reach out to us with specific questions by emailing us at heartgallery@
- Fill out the form at the button above.
- We'll contact you soon to talk about next steps!
- Volunteer as much or as little as your schedule allows. You can also set your parameters on travel locations, days, and times.
Marilyn Griggs Photography
Stacey Collins Photography
Anna Kuhn Photography
Robin McLaurin Photography
Colleen Stroup Portrait Art
Geri Erickson Photography
Shawn Culbertson Photography
Amanda Rodriguez Photography