Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Heart Gallery!
The purpose of The Heart Gallery is to support adoption recruitment efforts for children waiting for adoptive families.
Data shows that when the number of exhibits out in the community is higher, so are the increases in the number of visits to the Heart Gallery website. For example, in April 2019, 100% of our traveling portraits were out on display and the Heart Gallery website had a 49% increase in visits and a 185% increase in inquiries as compared to month’s when we had out fewer exhibits.
This shows that the Heart Gallery Champion volunteer opportunity is an easy and very flexible way to make an enormous impact in the lives of the children we serve.
Role of the Heart Gallery Champion:
The main role of the Heart Gallery Champion is to expand the outreach efforts of The Heart Gallery throughout Central Texas by utilizing their community connections to place Heart Gallery exhibits into new locations and secure as many venues as possible on an annual basis.
Champions can choose to build their own teams to increase the awareness and visibility of the exhibits.
Through displaying the professionally photographed portraits of The Heart Gallery, Champions and their teams will work to support the efforts of Child Protective Service Adoption Units to find adoptive families for the children waiting here in our community for their forever families.
Duties of the Heart Gallery Champion:
- To be located in Central Texas: currently, we are only able to work with volunteers that are located in the Austin/Central Texas area.
- To locate and secure new venues to display The Heart Gallery exhibits (all exhibits require approval from Partnerships for Children staff prior to being installed).
- To work with Partnerships for Children staff to secure the appropriate materials to set up an exhibit and to return all exhibit materials to Partnerships for Children, and to direct locations interested in hosting an exhibit to The Heart Gallery site.
- To set up and dismantle all exhibits.
- To return Heart Gallery Portraits to the Partnerships for Children offices in a timely fashion.
The staff of Partnerships for Children are available to help as needed along the way.
Thank you for being a part of making a difference in the life of a child!