This program is designed to inspire elementary aged children to become active in volunteerism and philanthropy while educating them on the needs of children in foster care and how they can individually and collectively make a difference in the lives of the kids we serve. Children enrolled in the program will participate in different volunteer opportunities, learn more about how to make a change in their very own community, and be able to decide what programs to fund all while making lasting friendships with other youngsters.
- Enrollment is $50 per child or $100 per family
- Each child will receive a T-shirt with enrollment
- For children grades K-5
- An adult must accompany children to each meeting
- Enrollment follows the school year calendar
- September 17, 2016 – 10 A.M. – At our first meeting we will introduce the kids to Partnerships for Children. They will get to take a tour of the Rainbow Room while hearing all about our programs and the kids we serve. Participants will take part in a CPS caseworker appreciation activity.
- October 22, 2016 – 10 A.M. – Kids will come in to take an in depth look at our Holiday Wishes program and learn about the different opportunities they have to help. They will also get to spend time in our donation processing center to participate in a hands on activity with our Rainbow Room inventory.
- December 10, 2016 – Time TBA – The funnest time of the year…kids will get to help sort, wrap and tag gifts that will be going to deserving children in the care of CPS whom would otherwise not get to enjoy the holiday. Each year, Holiday Wishes program provides gifts to over 4700 kids, it is quite a sight to see. The kids will love getting to spend some time in Santa’s workshop.
- April 2, 2017 – Build A Bear at Barton Creek Mall will host shifts for your children to build a bear for our Rainbow Room. Before, or after, you “Build A Bear,” go have a meal at California Pizza Kitchen. CPK will be donating 20% of checks on April 2nd to Partnerships for Children! Just mention PFC when you close out.
- May 6, 2017 – 10 A.M. – the last meeting of the year will be held at our office, 14000 Summit Drive, Austin, TX 78728. That will be the day to deliver your Build A Bear to the Rainbow Room and we will also have a service project for the kids.