In 2016, Partnerships for Children:
Served over 10,000 children in our Rainbow Rooms,
Provided gifts to 5,100 children during the holidays,
Matched 124 Youth w/ Mentors in our YES Program
Featured 211 kids in our Heart Gallery Exhibit
And here is how it all started…
- In 1989, a group of concerned citizens created Community Partners of Dallas to assist CPS caseworkers in meeting the needs of abused and neglected children.
- In 1993, these efforts evolved into the Rainbow Rooms, 24/7 resource rooms.
- In 1998, with the help of First Lady of Texas Laura Bush, the program was replicated throughout Texas.
- In February of 2003, Partnerships for Children was incorporated and gained 501c3 status.
- In September 2003, we opened the doors to the first Travis County Rainbow Room (hyperlink to RR page).
- In 2004, we hosted the first Holiday Wishes (hyperlink to HW) toy drive, serving 250 children.
- In 2006, we hosted our 1st Annual Gala (hyperlink to gala page).
- In 2007, presented our 1st Annual Erika Herndon Scholarship to Eddie Williams.
- In 2010, Cover 3 hosted their 1st Annual Golf Classic benefitting Partnerships for Children.
- In 2011, we hosted our 1st Annual Girls & Giving Event.
- In 2012, we were awarded the Impact Austin grant to launch the YES Mentoring program for youth aging out of foster care.
- In 2014, we announced our newest program, the Heart Gallery of Central Texas, at our 10th Anniversary Celebration.
- At the end of our 2014 fiscal year, our annual operating budget broke the $1 million mark.
- In 2016 we were awarded the Impact Austin grant for our Heart Gallery program to help kick off our current fiscal year with a $1.8 million operating budget.